George Eliot Hospital in Warwickshire was at risk of being privatised, because of poor performance which led to it being placed in "special measures". However, thanks to a huge effort to improve services, the threat has now passed.
This victory, together with the decision that Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG did not follow its duty to consult the public, and the victory in Lewisham, prove that it is possible to save Weston Hospital from private sector, provided that local people fight for it.
- The Weston Hospital Situation in a Nutshell
- The Campaign's Mission Statement
- WGH's Financial Background and bed ratio
- Why should we oppose privatisation?
- But the Committees don’t object. Surely they know better than us?
- Links to important pages here and elsewhere
- Who Does What - the Committees Involved with the Weston Hospital Decision
- What You Can Do to Help
- Upcoming Events
- Correspondence with John Penrose MP
- About the five Private Health Corporations who are interested