Public opinion is turning against the Tory/LibDem plans to give more and more contracts to private health corporations. Over the last 3 years, those against privatisation have gone up from 36% to 47%, and those who do not care are static at the 41-42% mark.
The amount of taxpayers NHS money that has gone to corporations has risen by 55% in 5 years, from £5.6 billion to £8.7 billion.
So the WGH PB4P campaign now represents majority opinion. Which is nice.
- The Weston Hospital Situation in a Nutshell
- The Campaign's Mission Statement
- WGH's Financial Background and bed ratio
- Why should we oppose privatisation?
- But the Committees don’t object. Surely they know better than us?
- Links to important pages here and elsewhere
- Who Does What - the Committees Involved with the Weston Hospital Decision
- What You Can Do to Help
- Upcoming Events
- Correspondence with John Penrose MP
- About the five Private Health Corporations who are interested