The BBC has an NHS activity monitoring chart here.
Cataract operations for North Somerset are down 7% in 2012 compared to 2010.
Hips are up 7% in the same period.
Knee ops are up 0.95%
Overall they are down 2.8%, because cataracts are much more numerous than the others.
Why the change? It is suggested that the ops are being rationed, possibly to save money.
But we would need to have more detailed information to get any significant knowledge.
- The Weston Hospital Situation in a Nutshell
- The Campaign's Mission Statement
- WGH's Financial Background and bed ratio
- Why should we oppose privatisation?
- But the Committees don’t object. Surely they know better than us?
- Links to important pages here and elsewhere
- Who Does What - the Committees Involved with the Weston Hospital Decision
- What You Can Do to Help
- Upcoming Events
- Correspondence with John Penrose MP
- About the five Private Health Corporations who are interested